Review: Open Water
This is not some "Jaws" clone. Rather, it's the story of a young couple that goes out on a dive and gets accidentally left behind by the dive boat.
Excellent, excellent movie. In the tradition of "Blair Witch" (sans the supernatural element) this movie uses a handheld for most of the movie as well as good, but unknown, actors, and the "mostly unseen enemy" to put terror into your heart.
Using unknown actors helps a general audience relate to the characters better, I think. You'll find yourself saying, "yeah, that's probably how I might act" in many situations - mad, angry, frustrated, tired and bouts of temporary insanity.
Very realistic, great suspense and good, and incredibly gut wrenching, ending. I still have a knot in my stomach.
Excellent, excellent movie. In the tradition of "Blair Witch" (sans the supernatural element) this movie uses a handheld for most of the movie as well as good, but unknown, actors, and the "mostly unseen enemy" to put terror into your heart.
Using unknown actors helps a general audience relate to the characters better, I think. You'll find yourself saying, "yeah, that's probably how I might act" in many situations - mad, angry, frustrated, tired and bouts of temporary insanity.
Very realistic, great suspense and good, and incredibly gut wrenching, ending. I still have a knot in my stomach.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home