It's 2010
The Year We Make Contact. Or something. For me, I've got a new job. After a 4 month stint being happily unemployed, I got a job in Boulder doing Ruby on Rails. Better pay, better benefits, better people. The only downside is the commute, although I get to listen to Mike & Mike in the morning now.
In other news Caesar's Gallic War appears to be doing well. So far I've sold over 300 copies, and I suspect it's probably over 500 at this point, but the checks only come every few months or so. At least, I hope they do.
We switched from Subversion to Git at the new job, which pretty much forced me to learn Git. It's good, though it does annoy me from time to time. The learning curve is steep, but once you get there, the payoff is worth it. At least, it sucks less than CVS or SVN. One of the other results of learning git is that I've decided to move all of my projects (75 of them!) over to github. I figure all the cool kids are doing it, and I want my libraries to be as available and popular as possible. More eyes and all that.
I've picked up a few new games in the meantime. The newest arrivals are The Caucasus Campaign and Hellenes. We'll see how they play out.
That's all for now!
In other news Caesar's Gallic War appears to be doing well. So far I've sold over 300 copies, and I suspect it's probably over 500 at this point, but the checks only come every few months or so. At least, I hope they do.
We switched from Subversion to Git at the new job, which pretty much forced me to learn Git. It's good, though it does annoy me from time to time. The learning curve is steep, but once you get there, the payoff is worth it. At least, it sucks less than CVS or SVN. One of the other results of learning git is that I've decided to move all of my projects (75 of them!) over to github. I figure all the cool kids are doing it, and I want my libraries to be as available and popular as possible. More eyes and all that.
I've picked up a few new games in the meantime. The newest arrivals are The Caucasus Campaign and Hellenes. We'll see how they play out.
That's all for now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home